Argyll & The Isles: A Stone's Throw from Glasgow
The city of Glasgow and Scotland’s Adventure Coast are right on each other’s doorsteps. You can easily be out of the city and enjoying your adventure of choice in less than an hour.
But adventures aren’t limited to the countryside. Glasgow has some fantastic activities on offer in stunning venues including the Sir Chris Hoy Velodrome, Pinkston Paddlesport Centre, the Glasgow Climbing Wall. Then there’s the great network of Sustrans cycle routes and riverside walkways.
And when you feel the call of the wild, you can quickly escape the city again and ‘do it for real’ in some of Scotland’s most outstanding scenery.
Mark’s top ‘micro adventures’ – which are just a stone’s throw from the city are:
- Hill walking and fell running on the Arrochar Alps and the Cobbler
- Watersports on Loch Lomond
- Quadbiking in the Cowal hills
- Cycling on Bute and the Serpentine
- Paddling the Argyll Sea Kayak Trail starting at Helensburgh