Travel to Dunoon & Cowal
Enjoy the journey
Your Dunoon adventure begins with choosing how best to travel to and from your destination. Dunoon and Cowal is easy to get to, it's just more fun to have lots of options. You can;
- Drive along the scenic shores of Loch Lomond, up the Rest & Be Thankful and onto Dunoon through rural Cowal.
- Take the car and hop onboard Western Ferries at McInroy's Point, near Gourock and sail to Hunters Quay, near Dunoon.
- Rail and sail from Glasgow Central Station to Gourock and take CalMac's passenger ferry to Dunoon Pier.
- Enjoy a bus and ferry ride using McGill's ClydeFlyer service.
Clyde Coastal Experiences
For the more adventurous, you can mix things up and try some alternative seasonal suggestions;
- Jump aboard the last seagoing paddle steamer in the world; and enjoy an excursion on the PS Waverley.
- Sail a yacht or boat up one of the Clyde Sea Lochs and berth in an excellent marina
- Enjoy a cycle along Clyde & Forth Route 75 of the National Cycle Network
- Complete some island hopping and travel to Cowal via Isle of Bute, Kintyre or Isle of Arran