Glenfinart Walled Garden
The community purchased this Victorian walled garden in 2012. It's a 2B listed site with a curved corner and a curved east wall. The garden, which was a wilderness when purchased, has been divided into 5 areas:
- an orchard with native apple, pear and plum trees.
- a grassed public area, with small band stand, for events
- a soft fruit and vegetable growing area with raised beds and polytunnel
- a sensory, reflective garden
- a children's garden with willow dome and tunnel, bird hide, bug hotel, strawberry beds and fairy ring.
It is a beautiful, tranquil place for a stroll, a reflective seat in the sensory garden or a picnic. Dogs are welcome on a lead.
Open 1.00 pm to 4.30 pm Saturdays and Sundays other times by appointment but please come in anytime the gate is open usually Wednesdays and Thursdays 11 a.m. – 2.30 p.m.
Driving Directions: from Dunoon pass through Ardentinny Village. Take the first right after Glenfinart Caravan Park, follow the road for approximately half a mile, the entrance is on your left, over the second bridge.
By Bus: Alight at Ardentinny Village Hall and follow the River Road to the beach (5 minute walk), crossing over the second bridge the Walled Garden is on your immediate left.