Heart of Argyll Wildlife Organisation
Visit us at the Argyll Beaver Centre and let us show you the fantastic variety of wildlife our area has to offer.
We provide a Ranger service within Knapdale and its surrounding area, providing wildlife guided walks and themed events throughout the season.
We want to share our passion for the natural beauty, wildlife and biodiversity of Mid Argyll and to help conserve it for future generations. Our stunning scenery of hills, woodlands and coastlines and the huge variety of species that can be seen here are a must see. We have all of Scotland’s iconic species here – red deer, red squirrel, golden eagle, beaver, otter and harbour seal; and white tailed sea eagles, osprey, pine marten as well as a huge variety of flora and marine life too! Plus of course, being situated in Knapdale, we are in the heart of beaver country.
We can give you all the latest news on their activities, and, even better, show you what they’ve been up to and give you the best chance of seeing one!
We are a Visit Scotland Visitor Information Point – we can tell you about fantastic walks and cycle routes, and help you plan your visit to explore our amazing area.
What have you seen here? Share your wildlife experiences with us on our Facebook page, help us record our flora and fauna and ensure we can enjoy it for generations to come.
You can also find us on Twitter and Instagram.
Visitor Centre Open Days 10 am – 5pm
There are many exciting events through the year, including our ever-popular beaver walks – check the events section of this website or follow this link for more information.
2020 opening times
- March: We reopen on Sun 22nd. Tues 24th. Plus Wed 25th, Thurs 26th and Tues 31st
- April: Every Tues, Wed and Thurs.
- May: Every Tues, Wed and Thurs. (NB closed 12th-14th)
- June: Every Tues, Wed and Thurs.
- July: Every Tues, Wed, Thurs, Fri and Sun.
- August: Every Tues, Wed, Thurs, Fri and Sun.
- September: Every Tues, Wed and Thurs.
- October: Every Tues, Wed and Thurs. Plus Fri 16th, 23rd and 30th. Sun 18th and 25th.
- November: Closed