Killean Church

Contact details

Killean Church dates from the 12th century, and continued in use until it was finally abandoned as insecure in 1770, when a new church was built at A' Chleit. It's notable for a 12th-century nave and 13th-century chancel with the remains of a decorated window. It's also home to numerous early carved burial stones. Nearby A'Chleit Beach is a lovely picnic spot.

© Copyright John Ferguson and licensed for reuse under this Creative Commons Licence