Linda McCartney Memorial Garden
The Linda McCartney Memorial Garden is located next to J.J. Burnet's Campbeltown Museum on Hall Street in Campbeltown (Argyll and Bute), the garden was created by the friends of the American photographer and musician Linda McCartney (1941-98), wife of musician Sir Paul McCartney.
Linda and Paul had shared a home at nearby High Park farm following their marriage in 1969 and Linda's ashes were scattered in Kintyre. A charitable trust was formed which raised funds in the local community and the garden was created within a sheltered space designed as part of Burnet's 19th Century Scots Renaissance building.
The garden provides a quiet haven for rest and contemplation, with its centrepiece a life-size bronze statue of Linda donated by Sir Paul and sculpted by Jane Robbins.