Maid of the Loch & the Balloch Steam Slipway

Contact details

Moored on the shores of Loch Lomond next to Loch Lomond Shores, she was built on the Clyde in 1953 then disassembled and taken by railway for re-assembly at Balloch.

Come aboard and see her magnificent steam engines and paddles and learn about story of the Maid herself. There are audio visual displays featuring different aspects of the Maid over the years, including rare footage of her sailing.

Visit the Café and Souvenir Shop in the forward deck saloon of the Maid of the Loch. This serves a variety of hot and cold snacks, home-made soup, teas, coffees and delicious home baking. The Balloch Steam Slipway was built in 1902 and fully restored to working condition in 2006. Entry is free. There are interactive displays for children and historic information boards. Volunteer engineers are on hand to explain how the steam engine works, and children can also blow the steam whistle! Both attractions are owned by the Loch Lomond Steamship Company.