2020 is Scotland’s Year of Coasts and Waters, a celebration of the coasts, lochs and rivers that have shaped our culture, our stories and our way of life.
To help businesses maximise the opportunities the year has to offer, West Coast Waters 2020 (WCW) are hosting a series of workshops up and down the west coast, focusing on raising awareness of their exciting plans for the campaign. There, you can learn how you can get involved and attract international and domestic tourists to your business.
Book your place today and get ready to inspire both visitors and locals looking to enjoy everything Scotland’s west coast has to offer!
Day 1: Information Session: West Coast Waters 2020
Who should attend?
Our information session is an open event for anyone involved in tourism, and interested in understanding more about West Coast Waters (WCW) and the opportunities it will bring to you and your local area in 2020 and beyond.
Representatives from the WCW collaboration will offer insights into the opportunities, including:
- West Coast Waters – what it's all about and how to get involved in the campaign (including the baton relay, trails of discovery, hopscotch itineraries and ‘Coasts that shaped the World’ cultural heritage programme);
- WCW Campaign toolkit and assets – an interactive session on how to engage;
- Local DMO activity that is bringing WCW to life in your area;
- Speakers from Wild Scotland, UHI Centre for Recreation and Tourism Research and your Local DMO;
- Practical one-to-one sessions with all the contributors and DMOs
Day 2: Preparing your product for international tourism markets*
Who should attend?
This workshop is suitable for any businesses looking to develop and grow their international tourism markets.
- Valuable insight on international visitor analysis to assist you to develop your product offering;
- Raise awareness of your product through the internet and social media, maximising your online routes to market;
- Information and advice on help and support that could be available for your business;
- Producing an individual action plan with one-to-one support to help your company develop an International West Coast Waters action plan.
If you’re interested in the invaluable opportunity that Scotland’s Year of Coasts and Waters presents to your business, make sure you join us in:
*This workshop is delivered by Highlands and Islands Enterprise, in partnership with Scottish Development International and is part-funded through the European Regional Development Fund. The course is free of charge but is a form of EU State Aid and counts towards your overall De Minimis Aid allowance. Each company is allowed a total of €200,000 in De Minimis Aid over a three-year period (with a lower limit for fisheries and some other categories).
About West Coast Waters 2020
West Coast Waters is a collaboration of 22 west coast DMOs and tourism organisations collectively representing over 2,500 tourism interests across the west coast of Scotland. It is supported by the key public agencies and travel partners in the area.
West Coast Waters has been created to encourage people to celebrate the stunning west coast of Scotland, by getting in the water, on the water or being near the water. It has six strands of exciting activity with immediate opportunities for businesses and community groups to get involved - from the year-long campaign to the 20-week baton relay, hopscotch itineraries, trails of discovery, the inspirational West Coast Waters sunset competition and sharing stories about your area for the innovative Coast the Shared the World digital project.
West Coast waters is the perfect tie in to VisitScotland's Year of Coast and Waters 2020, and specifically recognises the diverse landscapes and wealth of activities the west coast offers. Immerse yourself!
Find out more by visiting the West Coast Waters website here.