Rothesay's Victorian Toilets
Commissioned by Rothesay Harbour Trust in 1899 during Rothesay's hey-day as a holiday resort, the gents lavatory is a magnificent sight to behold. The interior walls are entirely clad in ornately patterned decorative ceramic tiles and the floors are designed with ceramic mosaic. Apart from the cisterns in the cubicles, all the original fitments remain as supplied in 1899 by Twyfords Ltd of Glasgow for £530.
Open seven days a week, the Victorian Toilets are fully functional public lavatories.