Join AITC from £10.20 per month
Who we are
Argyll & The Isles Tourism Cooperative Ltd (AITC) is the strategic destination marketing and management organisation for the entire Argyll & Bute region on the west coast of Scotland. Our direct Membership programme enables tourism businesses in Argyll & the Isles to receive marketing benefits for an annual fee, based on the size of your business.
As a not for profit, we use these fees to deliver marketing campaigns, social media and business skill development activities, driving forward the recovery and future positive impact of tourism on our local economies, communities and environment. Memberships start from £10.20 depending on the size of your business (T&Cs apply).
Why join AITC?
Since launching our direct membership in 2020, we have implemented a range of benefits to showcase tourism businesses across Argyll & the Isles in ways that appeal to visitors. Our marketing activities are based on insights and analytics from a range of sources to ensure the best visitor experience when visiting our destination. We work closely with regional Destination Marketing Organisations to ensure that regional information is accurate, and we invite members to regularly review their listings.
Learn all you need to know about our membership options and benefits here.
By Becoming a Member, you will benefit from...
1. Exposure & Reach
The Wild About Argyll (WAA) website attracts over 253k unique visitors annually, enabling you to reach audiences outside the scope of your regular marketing activity. Every member receives a professional Website Listing on WAA (see example), which is featured across the website in relevant categories.
2. Digital Marketing Activities
We are putting the region of Argyll & the Isles on the map through our place brand 'Scotland's Adventure Coast' and driving a sustainable increase in visitors to the area. As a member, you have the opportunity to feature on the WAA and Visit Oban websites (where applicable), blogs and social media, improving your digital presence through outbound links and referrals.
3. Digital Improvement
How to get involved
Ask any remaining questions to our team via firstname.lastname@example.org
Select your chosen membership category* and complete the membership form outlining your business information.
Set up your monthly direct debit to automatically pay your membership fee. Other options are available, simply get in touch**
Someone from our membership team will be in touch to get you started and continue to support you throughout your membership period.
*If you have any questions regarding your category, simply get in touch
**Please note that all categories are subject to standard VAT rate. A £25 joining fee applies to all categories. Find our T&Cs here.
Start benefiting and join now.
A. Individual Businesses & Operators
- Attractions with up to 5000 visitors per year
- Theatres, Cinemas and small-scale individual
events and festivals
- Self-catering and accommodation providers with
- Hotels and guest houses with up to 4 rooms
- Touring caravan and camping sites with up to 20 pitches
- Income generating visitor facing community clubs,
charities and organisations
- Attractions with 5,001-20,000 visitors per year
- Individual activity provider
- Individual restaurant, retailers, pubs and bars
- Larger events and festivals (up to 1000 ticketed entries)
- Self-catering accommodation providers with 2-5 properties
- Hotels, guest houses, cruisers with 5-15 rooms
- Touring caravan and camping sites with 21-100 pitches
- Events venue
- Attractions with 20,001-50,000 visitor per year
- Self-catering accommodation providers with 5-20 properties
- Hotels, guest houses, cruisers with 16-30 rooms
- Corporate retail and restaurant groups
- Marinas, leisure clubs, commercial golf courses
- Attractions with 50,000 + visitors per year
- Self-catering accommodation providers with 20+ properties/units
- Hotels with 31+ rooms
- Multiple site operators
- Holiday parks
B. Destination & Sectoral Groups
DMOS, MARKETING & TRADE ASSOCIATIONS
DMOs, MARKETING & TRADE ASSOCIATIONS
DMO WITH WAA MICRO-SITE
Membership includes annual website hosting –
micro site creation charged separately
ASSOCIATE SECTORAL & OTHER GROUPS
(e.g. Food from Argyll, CHArts)
ARGYLL BASED TRADERS/SUPPLIERS
- Marketing, PR, research and design agencies
- Events and entertainment and promotional agencies
- Financial legal and insurance companies
- Training and recruitment
- Computer/IT services and printers
- Caterers, food and drink suppliers
- Cleaning services
- Transport operators
- Accommodation booking agencies
NATIONAL TRADER/SUPPLIERS or STRATEGIC PARTNERS
We would be delighted to discuss the opportunity for you to be part of the strategic Destination Management Organisation for Argyll & the Isles with individually tailored benefits. For details, please contact email@example.com
D. Local Residents, Visitors & Community Groups
FRIENDS OF AITC Non-income generating charities, community trusts and organisations plus individual local residents, ‘friends of AITC’
Find out more
We are here to give our members the competitive edge they need to thrive.
For this reason, we offer a comprehensive range of benefits and services specifically for members, over and above the wider industry representation function that we also perform.
If you're still uncertain which membership type is right for you, please get in touch using the Contact Us page.