About the Fund
Visitor attractions and experiences play an important role in both the tourism industry and in local communities in Scotland. The Days Out Incentive Fund is intended to support the recovery of tourism businesses following the pandemic and to encourage visitation to visitor attractions and experiences across Scotland, in the off-season.
The Fund will deliver against four main objectives:
- To boost regional investment, stimulating spend for visitor attractions, day tour excursions and activities
- To address challenges of low demand by stimulating spend on quieter days and encouraging more off-season and non-peak activity uptake
- To help businesses remain viable and build new visitor audiences
- To rebuild consumer confidence in the face of COVID-19
The £4 million Days Out Incentive Fund is being delivered by VisitScotland, on behalf of the Scottish Government, with development input from the Association of Scottish Visitor Attractions (ASVA). The total value is £4 million.
The Fund allows successful applicants to participate in a consumer-facing promotion, to stimulate demand and usage of Scotland’s visitor attractions, day tour excursions and activities over the off-season.
It is part of the tourism recovery programme, developed by the Scottish Tourism Emergency Response Group in collaboration with members of the Tourism Task Force.
Who can apply?
This Fund will be open to visitor attractions and experiences who:
- Have a place of business in Scotland
- Have paid admission fees
- Are open for business
- Have availability between November 2021 and February 2022
- Are signed-up to the COVID-19 industry standard 'We're Good to Go' or equivalent.
If you operate more than one eligible business, you can submit an application form for each. There will be a section in the form which allows you to set out whether the attraction or experience forms part of a wider group of companies which operate multiple attractions or experiences or is one of multiple operated by the same entity.
Take a look at the criteria guidance document for more information on who can apply and for a full list of definitions of eligible business types.
The application process
Businesses which meet all the eligibility criteria will be able to apply via the online application form, which will be available at 12 noon on Tuesday 5 October 2021 until 5pm on Tuesday 12 October 2021. Any applications received after this period will not be considered. Applications will not be assessed on a first come, first served basis.
Benefits of the Fund
For a limited time we will incentivise consumers across Scotland to explore more of the country through a days out campaign, supporting their local visitor attractions and experiences.
Successful applicants to the Fund will enjoy:
- Potential to boost sales and extend the season for your visitor attraction or experience through participation in the Days Out ‘up to 50% off’ promotion
- Access to a marketing toolkit with campaign assets and messaging will be provided to promote your participation in the Days Out ‘up to 50% off’ campaign
- Value from VisitScotland’s overarching Days Out promotional campaign to drive visitor awareness and interest
Successful applicants will be awarded funding to subsidise the cost of a ticket to their visitor attraction, activity, or day tour excursion. A promotion mechanic of 'up to 50% off' must be applied by the participating business, up to the maximum discount value of £20 per booking transaction.
Discounts can only be applied to bookings where the relevant visit or experience takes place within the promotional period. Please refer to the guidance for full details.
We will deliver a Days Out promotional marketing campaign, targeting audiences in Scotland to inspire and encourage day trips. Activity will drive to a landing page on VisitScotland.com, where the participating businesses will be featured. Customers will be referred from VisitScotland.com directly to the business to make their bookings.
Should you have any questions please email DaysOutFundEnquiries@visitscotland.com.
- Participating businesses must have a listing on VisitScotland.com. Businesses without a VisitScotland.com listing will be required to provide basic listing detail for visitors to access their offer. Find out more on how you can apply for a listing for free on VisitScotland.com.
- Information on how to get involved can be found at our dedicated ‘Good to Go’ pageInformation on how to get involved can be found at our dedicated ‘Good to Go’ page
Visit Scotland Contact
Industry Relationship Manager
Argyll, The Isles, Loch Lomond, Helensburgh & West Dunbartonshire
Tel: 01369 703221
Mobile: 07766 428405
Wild About Argyll
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org and a member of the Argyll and the Isles Tourism Cooperative team will get in touch.